Saturday 7 May 2011

Barcelona rocks

Literally, lots of stone buildings and walls today
It is true, you have a bad start and you feel negative.  I did after the delayed plane and late arrival.  Then I woke up, tired and not ready to get up, but you have to nominate time for breakfast at this hotel.  I love being told what to do and when to do it, when I am paying for the privilege.

Then, really nice breakfast, all served nicely the way me Granny used to like it.  Good advice too on what to do. They charged an extra 4 Euro for a pass but I'm over that now.  Went on a walking tour of the Gothikc quarter that another Australian was going on.  Got lost but made it before the tour left Plaza Jaum.  Loved the tour.  medieval gothic, my favourite.  Alley ways and gargoyles and soaring churches and alley ways and doors.

It has been drizzling but not enough to dampen a tour of the gothic quarter.  Then went to the Picasso museum.  Lots and lots of stuff and less than half of it was wierd.  Then down to bottom of Las Ramblas and walked up.  Stopped at the markets and had a great lunch just picking bits from the stalls.  A skewer of cured meats, some fresh dates and a bowl of stawberries all for a total of 2 euro 40.  Will see how the rain goes for the rest of the afternoon but I am determined to have paella for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment