Sunday 22 May 2011

Spell checking of this post is dedicated to my darling daughter.

Well, at least there is some washing I won't have to do.  Luggage arrived at 6:50pm today, and I got caught in a thunder storm which means the clothes I have been wearing should be clean too.

                                                                                Como


In my stinky clothes I went on a tour of the lake.  Bought a day tripper ticket and off I went.  It took a little over two hours to get to the mid-lake where I got off at Bellagio.  The sides of the lake are filled with beautiful villas and small villages.  The wooded slopes are steep and they seem to get higher as you go north.  There was a little snow left on some.  Unfortunately my phone camera confuses background mountains with the sky and you can't see them.

Walked up and around Bellagio and had a lunch of beans and tomatoes.   Then caught the ferry to Villa Carlotta.  Apparently it is named after either a famous transvestite from Sydney or the daughter of a Princess of Nassau.  It is quite ornate so I am going with the Sydney transvestite.

















Looking down on the gate from the Villa Carlotta

The gardens are incredible as is the inside of the villa and the views.  Spent another couple of hours on the lake and got back to the hotel at about 6:20 to find no luggage.  Went out to buy a clean whatever I could find on a Sunday evening and got back to find luggage.



PS - guess who must have been a stowaway in my luggage?

No comments:

Post a Comment