Sunday 8 May 2011

My paella

There it is, my paella.  I am thinking of writing a song about my paella.  It goes to the tune of hot potato by The Wiggles.  Or perhaps I could take a leaf from Connor's book and write an ode to my paella.

Had a tremendous day today.  After a goodly breakfast and a lengthy skype I went to Mont Juic.  Got the metro to Espanol.  Then they have lots of escalators to help you get up the hill.  Went to the national collection of Catalan Art first.  Amazing building and lots of amazing art.  Then walked around the hill to the Miro collection.  That was a bit of a waste of a walk, I had an art pass so no cost but the art was not to my taste and the staff were rude to the patrons.  At least the young ones were, quite a contrast to other places in Barcelona which are so friendly and helpful.  Then went around to Pablos Espanyol.  this is a Spanish Village recreated for the 1929 Exhibition and then kept because it was so popular.  Really interesting village buildings and wall etc though all buildings contain restaurants and craft shops now.  SWell worth the visit.

having a rest before finding my dinner.  Might have another paella, but it just wouldn't be the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment