Thursday 26 May 2011

I need a baroqua

                                                   Now there is pictures here is my schnitzel


Not for my dinner, that was fantastic.  I got back to this decidedly dodgy neighbourhood, - think slot machine palaces, internet cafes and sex shops, after a walk around the ringstrasse.  As the supermarket closed, I went looking for somewhere to eat I chanced upon a pub with counter meals.  Well it called itself a palace, the Tivoli in fact.  All velvet, polished wood, brass and glass.  Ordered a schnitzel and beer.  It was amazing.  Huge schnitzel served with a delicious potatoe salad and garnish, and a half a litre of beer.  I am so full.

Anyway, back to baroqua.  No pictures by the way until I get to Prague, the hotel's wi fi is down and there is only a machine in he lobby with no usb ports.  Baroqua!  Went for a walk around the ringstrasse, obviously a sub way ride away from this neighbourhood, it is packed with these huge baroque buildings.  Well I like baroque as much as the next bloke but after the Parliament, the Rathaus, the University and several other museums I am already overdosed on baroque.  So I need a baroqua.
                                              The Rathaus


Arrived a little late on the ferry.  Hydrofoil actually, a nice 6 or so hours along the danube.  Only two castles and a couple of major spots, Bratislava being the main one.  Quite leisurely and comfortable.  I managed to get a great seat right up the front where I could see both sides, a middle aged couple on the other aisle and just me on the two seats on my side.  Then a large American yoof plonked himself beside me, treading on my bag on the way past and proceeding to rearrange himself in the seat.  Plenty of seats everywhere, no manners!
                                              Parliament - I thought that was the rat house


Arrived here in Vienna about 4.00pm.  Then found way through subway to hotel, reminds me of the Vienise hotel in the The Hotel New Hampshire.  Still, it is a comfortable room and breakfast is included.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Russell, being somewhat technologically challenged, I am checking to see if you got my comment yesterday? Travelfanatic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, I got your email and replied re the Dome of St Peters etc. Love the blog. Bye!

    ReplyDelete